Healthy Scalloped Tomatoes Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted and cubed
- 4 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, cook onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the flour until blended; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the honey, mustard, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in bread cubes and tomatoes.
- 2. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 88 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.