- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted and cubed
- 4 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- In a nonstick skillet, cook onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the flour until blended; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the honey, mustard, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in bread cubes and tomatoes.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Healthy Scalloped Tomatoes
Sort By :
"So good! I just loved this. So nice to have a casserole without cream or cheese. Used tomato-basil flavoured croutons and a bit more butter/flour."
"Very tasty. Kept pretty much to the recipe but used agave syrup instead of honey and added 1/4 cup (yes, just 1/4 cup) of shredded cheddar cheese to top at end. Didn't want it to be too runny so seeded half of the tomatoes."