Healthy Roasted Root Vegetables Recipe
Roasting and an excellent herb-pepper seasoning turn this vegetable medley into a standout side dish. Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
- 2 cups cubed peeled rutabaga
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled turnip
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled parsnip
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 72 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC