- 2 cups cubed peeled rutabaga
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled turnip
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled parsnip
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHealthy Roasted Root Vegetables
"Great side dish recipe. I found there wasn't enough olive oil so I added a bit extra."
"easy & really good. Company loved them."
"Simple to prepare and delicious!"
"We had carrrots in our garden so I increased the amount of carrots. We loved it."
"I have two steak and potato eaters in my house, so I thought this would be a flop. But after smelling it cooking they devoured the whole pan and didn't even ask the ingredients! A winner in our house!!"