Healthy Roasted Asparagus
Kelley Casey of Fairfax, Virginia highlights the garden-fresh taste of asparagus with a mild lemon dressing and Parmesan cheese in this delicious side dish. Try it with pork or chicken for a lighter meal.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place the asparagus in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with
- cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice,
- vinegar and mustard. Pour over asparagus. Sprinkle with Parmesan
- cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 12-18 minutes or until
- tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 51 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.