Healthy Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 5 hard-boiled large eggs
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool for 30 minutes.
- 2. Slice eggs in half (discard yolks or save for another use). Cut the whites into 1/2-in. pieces.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Add the potatoes, egg whites, onion, celery, green onions, red pepper and parsley; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 110 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Healthy Potato Salad
"Reduced mayo by 2/3 and used Greek yogurt (plain) instead. Came out great. Makes a large amount of salad., so would be good for a bigger group. Added yellow mustard to the leftover portion for variety and that was geat also. Husband is a big potato salad fan and was happy with this coming into our low-fat recipe box."
"I love this potato salad! The only thing that I did different was use light Miracle Whip instead of fat free Mayo. I took it to work and everyone wanted the recipe! Great blend of flavors. Will definitely make this again!"