"Here's a heart-healthy version of my longtime favorite potato salad recipe," says Pat Potter, Calumet City, Illinois. "It's colorful and chock-full of good crunchy ingredients."
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 5 hard-cooked eggs
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool for 30 minutes.
- Slice eggs in half (discard yolks or save for another use). Cut the whites into 1/2-in. pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Add the potatoes, egg whites, onion, celery, green onions, red pepper and parsley; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Healthy Potato Salad in Light & Tasty October/November 2004, p43
Reviews for Healthy Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review