“I stir a few chocolate chips into the melted butters to give the cookie batter some chocolate flavor.” Muriel Mableson - Winnipeg, Manitoba
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter and peanut butter until butter is melted; stir until smooth. Stir in applesauce.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Beat in the sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to peanut butter mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Cookies in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p51
Reviews for Healthy Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review