- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter and peanut butter until butter is melted; stir until smooth. Stir in applesauce.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Beat in the sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to peanut butter mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Healthy Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sort By :
"Grandkids loved them"
"I do not care to add applesauce to any thing I bake, These cookies just didn't taste good at all. Sorry!"
"Love the flavor I used crunch peanut butter, but it took 25 minutes at 350 degrees to bake this cookie"
"These cookies are fabulous! I used chunky peanut butter and needed to bake mine longer than directed (about 15 minutes). I definitely will be baking many more batches."
"Did you use all whole wheat flour or some whole wheat and some all purpose??? I know that sometimes when baking you can't use all whole wheat or it messes up the baking process. "