Healthy Party Snack Mix Recipe
Party mix has always been a tradition in our home. I lightened my mom's recipe, replacing margarine with heart-healthy olive oil. No one even noticed. —Melissa Hansen, Rochester, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:20 servings
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 3 cups Multi Grain Cheerios
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1-1/2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cereals, peanuts and pretzels. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
3/4 cup equals 150 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC