Healthy Party Snack Mix Recipe
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 3 cups Multi Grain Cheerios
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1-1/2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cereals, peanuts and pretzels. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
3/4 cup equals 150 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Healthy Party Snack Mix
"Very delicious. Easy. Low fat!"
"We could taste and smell the olive oil. We prefer original recipe."
"My kids absolutely loved this. I doubled the seasoning like most people did, it was excellent."
"This is AMAZING! Can't say anything else... :)"
"Omitted peanuts and added whole grain fish crackers to cut fat."
"I've never made the classic party mix, but thought this one interesting because of the healthy changes. Unfortunately, I found it very bland, even with the addition of some cajun seasoning. It might be better with double the seasoning as KWhitehead suggested, but that would cancel out the healthy aspect."
"I doubled the seasoning, and it was delicious! (worchestershire sauce, seasoned salt [I used cajun seasoning instead], and garlic powder)"
"After mixing this up I thought it tasted a little bland so I sprinkled more garlic powder and seasoned salt over each pan before baking."