Healthy Marinated Vegetables Recipe
"This medley of healthy vegetables is so delicious, no one guesses it's suitable for diabetics," says Linda Pruitt of Greenfield, Indiana. "I take it to pitch-in dinners because it can be made in advance." Using a sugar substitute adds a subtle sweetness to the dressing without all the carbohydrates and calories.
- 3 cups sliced carrots (1/4- inch slices)
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-7 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. In a bowl, combine the celery, green pepper, onion, celery seed and carrots.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the salad dressing, sugar substitute, vinegar and water. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil; pour over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, stirring several times. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 7 servings.
2/3 cup: 75 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Healthy Marinated Vegetables
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC