"I've made this cake several times and it's always delicious," Pat Bertram promises from Attica, Michigan. And because there are only a few grams of fat per serving, you can enjoy a slice without guilt.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour; add the batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes in cake.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar. In a small bowl, combine the remaining confectioners' sugar and lemon juice. Gradually pour over warm cake. Cool completely. Dust with reserved confectioners' sugar. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Cake in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p63
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Healthy Lemon Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review