Healthy Italian Market Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni, quartered
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Yield: 9 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 199 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.