“When my daughter Jessica was in the 3rd grade, she had an extra-credit assignment dealing with nutrition,” says Mary Wollensak of Brookfield, Wisconsin. “While I was combing through cookbooks, Jessica came up with this! Everyone at school loved it, and since then, she's been eager to help in the kitchen and experiment with new recipes.”
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, crust removed
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 thin slice deli turkey
- 1 raisin
- 5 pieces Rice Chex
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 celery stick
- Spread bread with peanut butter. For door, cut turkey into a
- 1-1/2-in. x 1-1/4-in. rectangle; position on bread. Add raisin for
- doorknob and cereal for windows.
- Cut the cheese slice in half diagonally; place one piece above bread
- for roof (save remaining piece for another use). Add celery stick
- for chimney. Yield: 1 serving.