Healthy Hot Fudge Pudding Cake Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup prune baby food
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the milk, baby food and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spread into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar with remaining sugar and cocoa; sprinkle over the batter. Carefully pour water over the top (do not stir). Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until top is set and edges pull away from sides of dish. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Healthy Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
Sort By :
"This was a great recipe. Everyone liked it; you could still taste a little of the plum puree in it, but it was very chocolatey."
"Absolutely loved. Very tasty. Can't wait to make again."
"Absolutely loved, so good and tasty. Even my son loved it. Can't wait to make it again."
"Prune taste was disgusting, might be worth trying applesauce, but not worth the work since first try was horrible"
"Made this for the first time and will definitely be making it many more times. My entire family loved it-including my pickiest eater!"