Healthy Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chicken gravy
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 to 3 teaspoons honey
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side. Combine the gravy, mustard and honey; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-12 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 165 calories, 2g fat (trace saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 717mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), 28g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 3 lean meat
Reviews for Healthy Honey Mustard Chicken
"We really enjoyed it, it had good flavor and was moist not dry."
"very disappointing. I was looking for a special recipe for company and was hopeful this was it. It was just so-so."
"This was very delicious! Tender and juicy and very easy and quick to make, a perfect meal!"
"This was so good and easy! I couldnt get over how easy it was to make and how great the taste was. Great work!"
"This was excellant on pork chops, too!"
"I am not someone who loves honey mustard, but this recipe is wonderful- so easy and the flavor is mild."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.