Healthy vegetables are the basis of this tasty chilled soup. We recommend using spicy V-8 juice for a spicier version.
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Dash pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Chopped sweet yellow pepper, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber and onion. In another bowl, combine the tomato juice, oregano, basil, salt, garlic, pepper and pepper sauce; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with chives and, if desired, yellow pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Gazpacho in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p16
Reviews for Healthy Gazpacho for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2010
"Very refreshing, and easy to make!"
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2010
"very refreshing and delicious. I added Garlic vinegar, fresh cilantro, and an entire red onion. I also used my food processor. Quick, simple, and a great summer treat. (great as soup or salsa)"