Healthy vegetables are the basis of this tasty chilled soup. We recommend using spicy V-8 juice for a spicier version.
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Dash pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Chopped sweet yellow pepper, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber and onion. In another bowl, combine the tomato juice, oregano, basil, salt, garlic, pepper and pepper sauce; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with chives and, if desired, yellow pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Gazpacho in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p16
Reviews for Healthy Gazpacho for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2010
"Very refreshing, and easy to make!"
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2010
"very refreshing and delicious. I added Garlic vinegar, fresh cilantro, and an entire red onion. I also used my food processor. Quick, simple, and a great summer treat. (great as soup or salsa)"