Healthy Garlic Green Beans
"Because this recipe is easy to prepare, healthy and delicious, it has become the only way I make green beans," says Clara Saxe of Colorado Springs, Colorado. The versatile beans feature plenty of garlic and Italian seasoning and complement most any entree.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan, toss green beans, oil,
- garlic and Italian seasoning until beans are well coated. Bake,
- uncovered, at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until beans are
- crisp-tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle
- with salt and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 79 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.