Healthy Fruit Smoothies
My kids like smoothies so I make them often. They're just right for breakfast, a dessert or an afternoon snack. It's fun to experiment with different fruits and berries. —Susan McCartney, Onalaska, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup canned unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 4 ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process for 30-45
- seconds or until blended. Stir if necessary. Pour into chilled
- glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 122 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.