- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- In a small saucepan, combine the raisins, cranberries and orange juice. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, cranberry sauce and molasses. Beat in the eggs, oil and vanilla until blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the pecans, orange peel and raisin mixture.
- Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Cranberry Pumpkin Bread in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p52
Reviews for Healthy Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review