- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, bring the coconut milk, milk, rice and brown sugar to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-55 minutes or until thick and creamy, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Spoon into dessert dishes. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Healthy Coconut Rice Pudding
Sort By :
"This is a very good rice pudding recipe. It DOES NOT have a lot of coconut flavor, however. I sprinkled mine with some coconut flakes, but that changed the texture. I don't know if adding coconut flakes during cooking would help."
"This was okay, but didn't have much of a coconut flavor. I tried adding a bit of coconut extract but it just didn't have the flavor I was looking for."
"This recipe is sooooo good!! My husband & I loved it! He's begging me to make it again! =)"