Healthy Chocolate Cookies Recipe
With only a trace of fat, these nibbles will satisfy chocoholics who don't want to pack on extra pounds. Our Test Kitchen staff topped the soft bite-size cookies with a pretty white drizzle.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Combine the egg whites and corn syrup; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until set (do not overbake). Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 72 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
Reviews for Healthy Chocolate Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC