Healthy Chicken Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup browning sauce
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth, divided
- 1 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 6 cups cooked no-yolk noodles
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook the chicken with browning sauce until browned. Add 1 cup broth, wine or additional broth, ketchup, garlic and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Combine flour and remaining 1/3 cup broth until smooth; stir into chicken mixture. Add reserved mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low. Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Serve over noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 cup cup chicken mixture with 1 cup noodles) equals 535 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 1,339 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 41 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 starch, 3-1/2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Healthy Chicken Stroganoff
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.