Healthy Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
“If you like mushrooms, you’ll love this yummy broiled appetizer,” assures Kelli Egbert of Idaho Falls, Idaho. A tasty cheese filling is easy to combine and tuck into large mushroom caps.
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 hard-cooked egg, finely chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 large fresh mushrooms
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, egg, bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon butter, garlic and salt; set aside. Remove stems from mushrooms. Place mushroom caps, hollow side down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush with remaining butter.
- 2. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or just until tender. Turn over; stuff with cheese mixture. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until lightly browned and heated through. Yield: 8 appetizers.
1 stuffed mushroom equals 59 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
Reviews for Healthy Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC