“If you like mushrooms, you’ll love this yummy broiled appetizer,” assures Kelli Egbert of Idaho Falls, Idaho. A tasty cheese filling is easy to combine and tuck into large mushroom caps.
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 hard-cooked egg, finely chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 large fresh mushrooms
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, egg, bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon butter, garlic and salt; set aside. Remove stems from mushrooms. Place mushroom caps, hollow side down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush with remaining butter.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or just until tender. Turn over; stuff with cheese mixture. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until lightly browned and heated through. Yield: 8 appetizers.
Originally published as Stuffed Mushrooms in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p39
Reviews for Healthy Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2009
"Delicious! Easy to make and tasted GREAT!"