- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 hard-cooked egg, finely chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 large fresh mushrooms
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, egg, bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon butter, garlic and salt; set aside. Remove stems from mushrooms. Place mushroom caps, hollow side down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush with remaining butter.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or just until tender. Turn over; stuff with cheese mixture. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until lightly browned and heated through. Yield: 8 appetizers.
Originally published as Stuffed Mushrooms in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p39
Reviews for Healthy Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2012
I make this recipe often but I have never used an egg in it. I often use spinach!
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2009
Delicious! Easy to make and tasted GREAT!