- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 small potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- In a small saucepan, combine the broth, parsnips, carrots, potato, celery, onion and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove half of the vegetables to a bowl; cover and keep warm.
- Cool remaining vegetables for 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender; cover and process for 30 seconds. Add cream; process until blended. Add reserved vegetables; pulse until vegetables are chopped. Return all to the saucepan; heat through. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Creamy Carrot-Parsnip Soup in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p17
Reviews for Healthy Carrot-Parsnip Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2009
"very disappointing. no flavor.just tastes like purried carrots and parsnips. jarred baby food would have been better."