Healthy Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 5 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, tapioca and allspice. Add blackberries and orange juice; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine the yogurt, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients until smooth. Spread over the berry mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
One serving equals 199 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.