- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder and bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is almost
- Add the potatoes, onions and carrots. Cover and simmer 30 minutes
- longer or until the meat and vegetables are tender.
- Discard bay leaves. In a small bowl, combine the parsley, salt, and
- the remaining flour, basil, thyme and garlic powder. Add cold water;
- stir until smooth. Stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 336 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 512 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.