Healthy Apple Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
Grandmother always served sweet potatoes and apples with pork, so I know she'd approve of this dish I created to combine the two.—Audrey Thibodeau, Gilbert, Arizona
- 3 cups sliced peeled cooked sweet potatoes
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 2 large)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the sweet potatoes and apples. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, nutmeg, allspice, salt and pepper; sprinkle half over apples. Dot with half of the butter. Repeat layers.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Baste with pan juices. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 167 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC