Healthy Apple Crisp Recipe
This is the perfect ending to a mouthwatering meal. “It's as quick as a boxed cake mix but is a healthier dessert choice. It's ideal in fall when it seems like everyone has a bag of fresh apples to give away!”—Terri Wetzel, Roseburg, Oregon
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the apples, 1 tablespoon flour, sugar, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Pour into a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar and remaining flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over apple mixture.
- 3. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup (calculated without ice cream) equals 252 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC