- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lemon juice and peel. In another bowl, mix flour and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Place hazelnuts in a small bowl. On a lightly floured surface, roll 1/2 cupfuls of dough into 1/2-in.-thick ropes, about 22 inches long. Cut ropes into 2-in. logs. Lightly brush each log with water; roll in hazelnuts to coat. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until light brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Hazelnut Yule Logs
"Light and lemony. Takes some extra time to roll into ropes. Make sure to brush each side of the log with water if you want the nuts to be on both sides when rolled. I used a food chopper/processor to get the nuts finely chopped. I also subbed pecan cookie pieces that were already ground and those turned out really well, too."