Besides being irresistibly nutty, these travel well and are a snap to make! — Barbara Burge, Los Gatos, California
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lemon juice and peel. In another bowl, mix flour and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Place hazelnuts in a small bowl. On a lightly floured surface, roll 1/2 cupfuls of dough into 1/2-in.-thick ropes, about 22 inches long. Cut ropes into 2-in. logs. Lightly brush each log with water; roll in hazelnuts to coat. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until light brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Hazelnut Yule Logs in Taste of Home October/November 2012, p44
Reviews for Hazelnut Yule Logs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review