- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons mashed potato flakes
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 12 slices).
Reviews for Hazelnut Wheat Bread
Sort By :
"made this and my bread loaf was not that big. it that normal? but it tasted great."
"Both my husband and I really liked this bread. I had to make a few alterations for a couple of reasons, but it still came out great. I omited the milk powder, substituted the wheat germ with oat bran, and used sunflower seeds in place of the hazelnuts (sorry!). Makes a very tasty, healthy bread!"