- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons mashed potato flakes
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 12 slices).
Originally published as Hazelnut Wheat Bread in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p21
Reviews for Hazelnut Wheat Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2010
"made this and my bread loaf was not that big. it that normal? but it tasted great."
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2010