Hazelnut Vegetable Salad Recipe
A tart lemon-pepper dressing accents this colorful vegetable combination. Mom doesn’t always add the asparagus spears, but I think the steamed stalks make it twice as good.—Emma Rea, Columbia, South Carolina
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 celery ribs, julienned
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 asparagus spears, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- 1. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, red pepper, celery and chives. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Place lettuce on salad plates; top with asparagus and mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 186 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Hazelnut Vegetable Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC