A tart lemon-pepper dressing accents this colorful vegetable combination. Mom doesn’t always add the asparagus spears, but I think the steamed stalks make it twice as good.—Emma Rea, Columbia, South Carolina
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 celery ribs, julienned
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 asparagus spears, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, red pepper, celery and chives. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- Place lettuce on salad plates; top with asparagus and mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hazelnut Vegetable Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p35
Reviews for Hazelnut Vegetable Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review