- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-3/4 cups finely ground hazelnuts
- Pinch salt
- Chocolate icing, coarsely chopped hazelnuts and fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Stir in nuts. In another bowl, beat egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form. Fold a small amount into batter until no streaks of white remain; add remaining egg whites.
- Pour into an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Invert pan; cool completely.
- Just before serving, remove sides of pan. If desired, drizzle with icing, sprinkle with nuts and garnish with mint. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Hazelnut Torte in Birds & Blooms February/March 1998, p55
Reviews for Hazelnut Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2011
"Delicious. Suggest lining pan w/parchment paper before baking. Other than that, great recipe. Not as sweet as anticipated - a good thing."