VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-3/4 cups finely ground hazelnuts
- Pinch salt
- Chocolate icing, coarsely chopped hazelnuts and fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Stir in nuts. In another bowl, beat egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form. Fold a small amount into batter until no streaks of white remain; add remaining egg whites.
- Pour into an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Invert pan; cool completely.
- Just before serving, remove sides of pan. If desired, drizzle with icing, sprinkle with nuts and garnish with mint. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Hazelnut Torte in Birds & Blooms February/March 1998, p55
Reviews forHazelnut Torte
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2011
"Delicious. Suggest lining pan w/parchment paper before baking. Other than that, great recipe. Not as sweet as anticipated - a good thing."