- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/3 cup Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 English toffee candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Baking cocoa and additional confectioners' sugar
- Line a 1-1/2-qt. bowl with plastic wrap; set aside. Cut pound cake into 1/4-in. slices; set aside six slices for the top. Line bottom and sides of prepared bowl with remaining cake, trimming slices to fit snugly. Brush cake in bowl with some Kahlua.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, espresso powder and vanilla until blended. In another bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Fold in chopped candy bars and hazelnuts. Spoon over cake.
- Brush one side of reserved cake slices with remaining Kahlua; place brushed sides down over the filling, trimming slices to fit. Refrigerate, covered, 5 hours or overnight.
- To serve, unmold onto a serving plate. Remove bowl and plastic wrap; dust cake with cocoa and additional confectioners' sugar. Cut into wedges. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Hazelnut Toffee Zuccotto in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Hazelnut Toffee Zuccotto
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review