Hazelnut Shortbread Hearts Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground toasted hazelnuts
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour and hazelnuts; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle bittersweet and white chocolate over cookies; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Hazelnut Shortbread Hearts
Sort By :
Loved these but I had to use pine nuts instead of the hazelnuts. My family really liked them, though. And they were pretty on the plate.
no star at all
I made these cookies today, for Valentines Day. I didn't have heart shaped cookie cutter, but I did have a Linzer cookie cutter with a heart in the middle. I made 2 cookies, 1 plain, and 1 with a heart cutout, and put them together with raspberry preserves in the middle. They turned out great. I will buy a heart shaped cookie cutter, and try them with the chocolate on top. I think they would also be good as the Linzer cookies, with Nutella in the middle. Many possibilities!