Toasted hazelnuts add a nice crunch and flavor to these rich, buttery hearts. The drizzle of dark and white chocolate gives the cookies an impressive look, but they couldn't be easier to make.—Monique Theoret, Wooster, Ohio
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground toasted hazelnuts
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour and hazelnuts; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle bittersweet and white chocolate over cookies; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Hazelnut Shortbread Hearts in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p63
Reviews for Hazelnut Shortbread Hearts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review