Hazelnut Shortbread Recipe
We have several acres of hazelnut trees here in the Willamette Valley, where the climate is perfect for this crop. Harvesttime is a big family event with everyone pitching in to help. I try to incorporate this wonderful flavorful nut into our recipes, and this cookie is always a hit. -Karen Morrell, Canby, Oregon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup each white, red, green, yellow and dark chocolate candy coating disks
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add syrup and vanilla. Beat in flour just until combined; fold in nuts. Shape into two 1-1/2-in. rolls; wrap tightly in waxed paper. Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices and place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In separate microwave-safe bowls, melt candy coating disks; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Hazelnut Shortbread in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p27
Reviews for Hazelnut Shortbread(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Hazelnut Recipes >
- Nut Cookies >
- Nut Recipes >
- Shortbread Cookie Recipes >