Hazelnut-Raisin Corn Bread Recipe
I entered the corn recipe contest at the 1998 Iowa State Fair. I improvised with a banana nut bread recipe I had. I replaced the bananas with cream-style corn and used hazelnuts instead of pecans. I won both the blue ribbon and the overall ribbon!
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup finely crushed hazelnuts
- 1. Place the raisins in a small bowl; add boiling water. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes; drain. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in the corn, nuts and raisins.
- 2. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (8 slices each).
1 each: 233 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Hazelnut-Raisin Corn Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC