- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup finely crushed hazelnuts
- Place the raisins in a small bowl; add boiling water. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes; drain. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in the corn, nuts and raisins.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (8 slices each).
Originally published as Hazelnut-Raisin Corn Bread in Country Extra November 2004, p51
Reviews for Hazelnut-Raisin Corn Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review