Hazelnut Pots de Creme Recipe
White chocolate and toasted ground hazelnuts make a heavenly combination in this rich, silky custard. Guests are sure to rave over the elegant individual treats served in ramekins.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts, toasted
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur, optional
- Chocolate curls
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a small saucepan, heat cream, hazelnuts and chocolate until bubbles form around sides of pan and chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar. Remove cream mixture from heat; stir a small amount of hot cream mixture into egg mixture. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Stir in liqueur if desired. Strain, discarding hazelnuts.
- 3. Transfer to six 6-oz. ramekins. Place in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove ramekins from water bath; cool 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Garnish servings with chocolate curls. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (calculated without chocolate curls): 555 calories, 48g fat (24g saturated fat), 318mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Hazelnut Pots de Creme
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC