Hazelnut Pear Tart Recipe
Alongside your traditional pumpkin pie, our home economists encourage you to slice wedges of this pretty, pleasing pear tart.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped blanched hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2/3 cup chopped blanched hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2-3/4 pounds pears, peeled and sliced
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla. Gradually add flour; stir in hazelnuts.
- 2. Press into a greased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven; reduce heat to 350°.
- 3. Spread apricot preserves over crust. In a large bowl, combine the hazelnuts, sugar, flour, butter and egg. Spoon over preserves. Arrange pear slices over filling in a concentric circle, slightly overlapping slices.
- 4. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece equals 474 calories, 29 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Hazelnut Pear Tart
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC