Hazelnut Mocha Eclairs Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, milk, butter, sugar and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- 2. Transfer to a heavy duty resealable plastic bag; cut a 1-in. hole in one corner of bag. Pipe 3-in. strips about 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- 3. Pierce side of each eclair with tip of knife. Cool on wire racks. Split eclairs open. Pull out and discard soft dough from inside tops and bottoms.
- 4. For filling, dissolve coffee granules in boiling water; cool. In a small bowl, beat cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold in coffee mixture and 1/4 cup hazelnuts. Refrigerate.
- 5. Fill the eclairs just before serving; replace tops. Spread with melted chocolate. Sprinkle with remaining hazelnuts. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 14 servings.
1 eclair: 302 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Hazelnut Mocha Eclairs
"Thanks for the great reviews Ladies, i'm glad everyone loved them :)Carol"
" I'm giving it a 5 star rating just by looking at the wonderful ingredients. Have a great day everyone!"
" I made these eclairs this morning, and they are delicious! (I used walnuts instead of hazelnuts, as that is what I had. Still good...) Definitely a 5-star recipe. Thanks Carol for submitting such a great recipe."
"even though I have not made this recipe, I am "reviewing" it on the ease and simplicity of this recipe. And the fact any eclair cannot be a bad eclair. :) also adding to my recipe box"
" You can add it to your recipe box without doing a rating/ review."
"Haven't made it yet, just adding to my recipes to make"