- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, milk, butter, sugar and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Transfer to a heavy duty resealable plastic bag; cut a 1-in. hole in one corner of bag. Pipe 3-in. strips about 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Pierce side of each eclair with tip of knife. Cool on wire racks. Split eclairs open. Pull out and discard soft dough from inside tops and bottoms.
- For filling, dissolve coffee granules in boiling water; cool. In a small bowl, beat cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold in coffee mixture and 1/4 cup hazelnuts. Refrigerate.
- Fill the eclairs just before serving; replace tops. Spread with melted chocolate. Sprinkle with remaining hazelnuts. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Hazelnut Mocha Eclairs
Sort By :
"Thanks for the great reviews Ladies, i'm glad everyone loved them :)Carol"
" I'm giving it a 5 star rating just by looking at the wonderful ingredients. Have a great day everyone!"
" I made these eclairs this morning, and they are delicious! (I used walnuts instead of hazelnuts, as that is what I had. Still good...) Definitely a 5-star recipe. Thanks Carol for submitting such a great recipe."
"even though I have not made this recipe, I am "reviewing" it on the ease and simplicity of this recipe. And the fact any eclair cannot be a bad eclair. :) also adding to my recipe box"