Once you try these, especially the filling, you'll be in heaven. They make a special ending to a meal or treat to afternoon coffee clutch.—Carol Witczak, Tinley Park, Illinois
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, milk, butter, sugar and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Transfer to a heavy duty resealable plastic bag; cut a 1-in. hole in one corner of bag. Pipe 3-in. strips about 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Pierce side of each eclair with tip of knife. Cool on wire racks. Split eclairs open. Pull out and discard soft dough from inside tops and bottoms.
- For filling, dissolve coffee granules in boiling water; cool. In a small bowl, beat cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold in coffee mixture and 1/4 cup hazelnuts. Refrigerate.
- Fill the eclairs just before serving; replace tops. Spread with melted chocolate. Sprinkle with remaining hazelnuts. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Hazelnut Mocha Eclairs in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p146
Reviews for Hazelnut Mocha Eclairs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review