For special occasions, this chocolately brew will be the talk of the town. You can make the chocolate mixture a couple days in advance. When you're ready to serve it, simple brew the coffee and whip the chocolate. —Mary Marlowe Leverette, Columbia, South Carolina
Recommended: 30 Recipes to Make with Nutella
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur
- 4-1/2 cups hot brewed coffee
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Add sugar and cinnamon; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in liqueur.
- Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate, covered, until cold. Beat just until soft peaks form, about 15 seconds (do not overbeat). For each serving, spoon 1/4 cup into mugs. Top with 3/4 cup coffee; stir to dissolve. Top with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hazelnut Mocha Coffee in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p25