Hazelnut Maple Muffins Recipe
"We make maple syrup, so we often use it in recipes," writes Lillian Marcotte of Hartland, Vermont. "Consider using mini muffin tins," she suggests. "Served with the maple butter, the sweet bites are perfect with tea.
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1. For maple butter, in a small saucepan, bring maple syrup to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in butter until melted. Refrigerate until mixture is spreadable.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, maple syrup, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in hazelnuts.
- 3. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm with maple butter. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 294 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC