- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- For maple butter, in a small saucepan, bring maple syrup to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in butter until melted. Refrigerate until mixture is spreadable.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, maple syrup, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in hazelnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm with maple butter. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Hazelnut Maple Muffins in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p17
Reviews for Hazelnut Maple Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review