Hazelnut Madeleine Cookies Recipe
As an appropriate dessert for a beach picnic, our home economists came up with these cookies, which bake in a shell-shaped Madeleine pan.
- 1/2 cup whole hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a food processor, combine the hazelnuts and confectioners' sugar; cover and process until nuts are finely chopped. Set aside. Melt 1 tablespoon butter. Brush two Madeleine pans with butter. Dust with 2 tablespoons flour; tap pans to remove excess flour and set aside. Place remaining butter in a saucepan. Melt over low heat for 4-5 minutes or until a light amber color; set aside to cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar until thick and a pale lemon color. Stir in melted butter and vanilla. Combine the baking powder, salt and remaining flour; stir into butter mixture just until combined. In a small bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Gently fold in reserved nut mixture.
- 3. With a tablespoon, fill prepared pans two-thirds full. Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before inverting pans onto wire racks to remove cookies. Cool completely. Lightly dust with additional confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 103 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Hazelnut Madeleine Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC